Controller – Construction Industry
Momentum is looking for a hands-on Controller to join our 20-employee design-build firm. This key team member will report to the President and interact every day with staff, clients, and vendors from our downtown Seattle office. In this role, you’ll be responsible for the monthly financial cycle, from billing and accounts payable to payroll and financial reporting. You’ll also be responsible for maintaining a system of accounting records, controls, budgets, and forecasts with a focus on accuracy, results, and risk mitigation.
- Manage monthly AP/AR cycle
- Cash management and bank reconciliations
- Produce construction WIP and backlog reports
- Update monthly financial reports considering WIP and various allocation accounts
- Manage and execute all aspects of monthly payroll with support from outside processing vendor
- Process monthly federal, state, and local tax payments
- Manage firm licenses, 401k and medical benefits programs
- Financial Statement Reporting including monthly cash flow statements and quarterly and annual reports prepared in partnership with the firm’s outside CPA
- Manage new employee onboarding process and HR program with assistance from HR consultant
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum 5-years construction industry experience required
- Thorough understanding of construction accounting systems and the financial literacy required to independent manage monthly, quarterly and annual accounting cycles
- Experience with Sage 300 construction accounting software preferred
- Accounting or finance degree or a combination of education and relevant experience
- People skills and comfort working in a small business environment
Momentum isn’t a typical construction company, we are a true design-build firm. Based in Seattle, we work nationwide to help organizations achieve their goals through high performing buildings. Our integrated planning, design, and construction team maximizes project collaboration and makes the entire building process easier for our clients.
We’re a growing small business with a fun and engaging workplace. Our employees thrive in a tightly knit collaborative environment, and while we work hard towards delivering great projects for your clients we try not to take ourselves too seriously. If you are self-motivated with a good sense of humor and enjoy the small team dynamic we might be a great fit.
To apply, send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org!