Construction Accountant / Project Contract Administrator – Construction Industry
Momentum is looking for a Construction Accountant / Project Contract Administrator to join our 20-employee design-build firm. This key team member will report to the Controller and interact every day with project management, staff, clients, and vendors from our downtown Seattle office. In this role, you’ll be responsible for the monthly cycle of Accounts Receivable and Payables, from Client billing and supplier invoices to overhead accounting and GL Coding against budgets. You’ll also assist the project management team with Subcontractor/Supplier compliance and Pay Application processing while providing accounting protection for our clients using your GAAP accounting knowledge. You’ll also be responsible for maintaining a system of accounting records, internal controls, tracking contract documents, overhead vendors, and contractual agreements with a focus on accuracy, results, and risk mitigation.
- Process monthly AP/AR cycle
- Setup new client and vendor accounts
- Maintain all required documentation for compliance
- Maintain and process 1099’s
- Open and distribute Mail
- Process, prepare and enter Client payments and deposits int our ERP system
- Review and analyze monthly overhead AP for accurate charges and work through discrepancies
- Update monthly Schedule of AP and balance vendor statements monthly
- Process weekly check runs
- Log, track, and prepare all Construction cost charges by project, through subcontract pay applications, supplier invoices etc.
- Ensuring compliance obligations have been met and PM approval has been granted
- Assist Project Management with the processing of buyout commitments and change orders i.e.; compiling, mailing tracking and execution
- Manage all business license and contractor licenses for multi-state compliance
- Manage Record keeping to GAAP accounting standards via electronic/paper filing system
- Provide excellent customer service internally and externally
- Perform ad-hoc projects and reports upon requests
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum 2-years construction industry experience required, with thorough understanding of construction accounting systems and the financial literacy required to process monthly, quarterly and annual accounting cycles. Accounting degree or a combination of education and relevant experience
- Experience with Sage 300 construction accounting software or equivalent ERP system preferred
- Intermediate Excel experience required, PDF writing ability a plus
- Organized, excellent written communication, detailed verbal communication, strong multitasking, ability, solution-based problem solving
To apply, email your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Momentum was established in 2005 and is based in Seattle. We work nationwide to help organizations achieve their goals through high performing buildings. Our integrated planning, design, and construction team maximizes project collaboration and makes the entire building process easier for our clients.
We’re a growing small business with a fun and engaging workplace. Our employees thrive in a tightly knit collaborative environment, and while we work hard towards delivering great projects for your clients we try not to take ourselves too seriously. If you are self-motivated with a good sense of humor and enjoy the small team dynamic, we might be a great fit!