Role Title: Project Engineer
Purpose: Responsible for supporting the management of design-build project delivery of projects ranging from $400,000 to $25,000,000 in total value. Project Engineers are expected to interact effectively with administrators, project managers, field personnel, subcontractors, design team professionals, vendors, company management, clients and client direct vendors.
This role supports effective project team communication, document exchange, schedule development and adherence, sequencing, integration of the owner’s forces and equipment, and cultivates client satisfaction and trust in order to develop and sustain a long-term, repeat project-client relationship.
Project Engineers are expected to embrace continuous learning and adjustment and gain proficiency in delegation, integration, risk analysis and effective decision making, negotiation, conflict management, and overall project awareness.
Position will include frequent regional and/or national travel for extended durations. This position will be based in Seattle, WA.
Level of Work: High Level II position (Projects ranging in duration up to and in excess of 1 year):
Manager – Director Of Construction
Key Result Area: Project Procurement and Entitlements
- Assist with the management of program consultants, such as surveyors, civil engineers, MEP engineers, architects and interior designers to efficiently complete the project documents.
- Assist with permit submittal, revisions, and final adjustments to scope in order to obtain necessary approvals.
- Aid project team in project buy out in accordance with project design and contract performance requirements including:
- Coordinate subcontractor research/preferred vendor coordination with owner
- Coordinate, deliver and follow up on RFQ/RFP process.
- Promote project to desirable team candidates.
- Coordinate the compilation and presentation of bid recommendations to owner.
- Issue LOI’s to selected vendors for contract preparation.
Key Result Area: Contracts/Commitments
- Prepare project contracts and/or purchase orders.
- Coordinate subcontractor insurance and bonds compliance with Contract Administrator.
- Change management including reviewing, tracking, estimating and responding to trade contractor change orders and issuing RFQ’s for scope modification.
- Maintain, track, and adjust all commitments as necessary.
- Ensure all subcontracts and vendor agreements have been executed with Contract Administrator.
Key Result Area: Project Execution and Control
- Document management using Procore including uploading and maintaining current contract drawings, bulletins, specifications, RFIs, submittals, meeting minutes, shop drawings, etc.
- Keep drawing log status current on Procore
- Keep all specifications current on Procore
- Coordinate and ensure all sketches have been properly issued to the project team.
- Responsible for project construction meeting minutes agendas and meeting minutes.
- Develop and manage subcontractor and direct vendor relationships.
- Assist with the management of all client direct vendors through the design and construction process.
- Assist project managers with the coordination, review and approval of project shop drawings and submittals.
- Coordinate and respond to RFIs and similar field information requests.
- Provide assistance in implementing processes and procedures as related to the design/build project team. Participate in round tables to help better refine our internal process providing feedback from your direct point of view.
- Support regular communication between Momentum site and office personnel.
- Prepare weekly status updates including issues log, owner change orders, schedule for program director meetings .
- Assist PM in the preparation of monthly project status reports.
- Post and maintain current project files on-line for project team, consultants, subcontractors and owner.
Key Result Area: Project Closeout
- Assist final punch list process, permit approvals, occupancy certification and building turn-over.
- Maintain and track all punch list items to effectively close the punch list out.
- Coordinate the assembly and delivery of project close-out documentation including O&M manuals, lien release, warranties, etc.
- Review all commitments prepare draft final reconciliation with vendors and subcontractors and report to Project Manager.
- Reconcile final billing with Project Manager.
- Candidate must have the ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents and the ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints. Candidate must have the ability to issue written and verbal communication as well as the ability to speak persuasively and negotiate outcomes with diverse groups.
- The candidate should posses the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, mark-ups, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Must be able to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry in the daily work environment.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Driver’s License required with acceptable driving record.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Employee must be able to travel overnight by car and/or plane.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee could be frequently exposed to moving equipment, mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; and risk of electrical shock while in the field. The noise level in the work environment is occasionally high and usually moderate.
To apply, send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com!