Design-Build Project Manager, Project Team
Momentum is looking for a project manager to join our 20 -member design-build firm. In this role, you’ll be responsible for managing the preconstruction, construction, and closeout phases of projects ranging from half a million to twenty-five million dollars in total value. As a project leader you’ll interact directly with clients, company management, administrators, project engineers, field personnel, subcontractors, design team professionals, and vendors. As the face of Momentum, your interactions and decisions will help grow long term client value and drive new business opportunities.
Manager –Construction Program Manager; Manager-once-removed: CEO
Key Results Area – Project Administration
- Prepare and distribute project meeting agendas, minutes, presentations, and executive summaries.
- Coordinate purchase orders, professional subcontracts, and owner executed agreements.
- Establish and maintain the project issues log.
Key Results Area – Project Due Diligence and Systems Exploration
- Gather project due diligence information such as professional studies and jurisdictional entitlements requirements.
- Review and interpret professional studies, capture all jurisdictional entitlements requirements, and understand, in terms of project impact, the requirements of the purchase and sale agreement, lease, and or CC&Rs.
- Explore and report on the appropriateness and cost of proposed building systems and technologies.
- Perform conceptual design level constructability review with the assistance of the estimator, consultants and Program Manager.
Key Result Area: Project Buy Out
- Assist with the management of program consultants, such as surveyors, civil engineers, MEP engineers, architects and interior designers to efficiently complete the project documents.
- Coordinate with the preconstruction team and the Program Manager to transition the project from the Design phase to the Development phase.
- Assist with permit submittal, revisions, and final adjustments to scope in order to obtain necessary approvals.
- Directs project buy out in accordance with project design and contract performance requirements including: coordinate subcontractor research, prepare, deliver and follow up on RFQ/RFP process, promote project to desirable team candidates, Coordinate the compilation and presentation of bid recommendations.
Key Result Area: Contracts
- Prepare and fully execute project contracts and/or Purchase Orders including LOI’s; Scoping; Coordinate insurance and bonds;
- Prepare and maintain project schedules using Microsoft Project and Excel.
- Change management including: Review, track, estimate and respond to trade contractor change orders; RFQ for scope modification.
Key Result Area: Project Execution and Control
- Documents control
- Document Management using Procore for contract drawings, bulletins, specifications, RFI, submittals, meeting minutes, shop drawings, etc.
- Coordinate and respond to RFIs and similar field information requests.
- Coordinate and ensure all sketches have been properly issued to the project team.
- Develop and manage project site supervision staff.
- Develop and mentor project engineers.
- Develop and manage subcontractor and direct vendor relationships
- Develop and manage all client direct vendor
- Ensure all client direct vendors are working within the project requirements and are under compliance.
- Manage client relationship for future opportunity of on-going portfolio of work.
- Regular communication with site personnel, Momentum team personnel, and the client.
- Periodic “project x-ray” reporting and meetings with the Program Manager.
- Prepare Monthly status reports for client.
- Maintain, track, and adjust project cost-to-complete reports utilizing Procore.
Key Result Area: Project Closeout
- Oversee final punch list, permit approvals, occupancy certification and building turn-over.
- Ensure the effective integration of owner’s vendors when necessary including the owner’s forces to complete turn-over and initiate building operations.
- Coordinate the assembly and delivery of project close-out documentation including O&M manuals, Lien release, warrantees, etc.
- Reconcile final billing.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the organization with marketing efforts by providing sales support and client advisory services with the assistance of key Momentum staff as required.
- Assist with the recruitment and development of key personnel.
- Requires 5-10 years’ experience with Project Management of Design Build Projects ranging in size of $500k to $25 million in total project value.
- Position will include frequent regional and/or national travel for extended durations. Project manager will spend approx. 20% of time on site.
- Candidate must possess strong background in preconstruction process, planning, and design phase management and experience managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Financial Institution Construction & Corporate Headquarters Construction and procurement, in both hard bid and negotiated contract environments, experience preferred.
- Experience coordinating the owner’s forces to integrate communication and furniture, fixture and equipment (FF&E).
- PROCORE Project management Software (Procore PM) experience and/or ProCore strongly recommended; a working knowledge of MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and MS Project) is a must.
- Bluebeam PDF electronic document management is a must.
- Experience with LEED projects preferred, LEED professional accreditation preferred, but not required.
Download a full role description here (PDF):
To apply, send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com!